ZZ Plant or Zamioculcas zamiifolia is one of the hardiest houseplants you can choose. Sometimes called an Aroid Palm, its wide, attractive dark green leaves are a focal point for home or office groupings. ZZ plants tolerate neglect beautifully – they’re drought tolerant and thrive in low light conditions. ZZ’s are slow growers, so you won’t have to worry about frequent repotting. NASA has also named them an effective air purifier.
Fuss Factor*: 1
Light: Handles varied levels of light from low to bright.
Watering Frequency: Allow them to dry out between watering’s.
Soil: No special requirements
Humidity: Thrive with normal household humidity.
Pests: Can be affected by spider mites and aphids.
- Occasionally wipe with warm water and dish soap or Neem oil to avoid pests and to prevent dust build-up.
- Prolonged periods of direct sunlight may burn leaves.
- Yellowing, browning, or wilting leaves are indicators of improper watering.
- Toxic if ingested by pets or humans.
Zones: Indoor Use or Outdoors in warmer zones 10-11
*Fuss Factor: We grade our plants on level of care from 1 to 5.
- Low Maintenance Marvels – great choice for new plant parents
- Easy to Care For, Easy to Love
- Relatively low maintenance, but will need some regular attention
- Apply TLC, you’ll love the results
- Recommended for Helicopter Plant Parents – Labor intensive, but so worth it