2021 Top 10 Must-Have Plants
With 2020 in the past, (thank goodness!), we are all looking forward to 2021. Aha! We see new plant favorites in your future. Last year, we saw a massive surge in popularity for the Monstera Delicosa. We’re sure that lovely trend will continue! This year, we’ve got some pretty cool Must -Haves that are sure to top every plant lover’s list. Without further ado, here are the 2021 Top 10 Must-Have Plants:
1. Monstera Deliciosa: 2020’s #1 fav still tops our list. The Monstera grows larger than life leaves with beautiful splits in them, giving them their iconic tropical look. A Green Goddess, for sure. Shop Monstera Deliciosa >
2. Ficus Audrey: A cousin of another houseplant favorite, the Fiddle Leaf Fig, the Ficus Audrey is another stunner. This beauty features compact green leaves with velvety undertones. Its jungle-like canopy creates the perfect jungle vibe in your home. Easy care and very forgiving, start the new year off right by ordering one from our nursery! Shop Ficus Audrey >
3. Alocasia Regal Shields: Dark and electrifying, this stunner’s black velvety leaves are highlighted by neon yellow veins. Dark foliaged plants are really trending right now. Get ahead of the crowd and get yours soon. Shop Regal Shields Alocasia >
4. Peruvian Apple Cactus: The Cereus Peruvianus or Peruvian Apple Cactus is one we do not see photographed enough! This easy care star “points” to your decorating skills. Water once every few weeks and let this cactus show you what it’s all about. Shop Peruvian Apple Cactus >
5. Lady Palm: Rhaphis Excelsa is one of the most underrated palms in our collection. This easy care palm was all the rage once upon a time, but it’s due for a triumphant return! A pet friendly, air purifier, this palm wows with its dense, yet dainty foliage. Shop Lady Palm >
6. Philodendron Gloriosum (pictured) & Philodendron McDowell: We all love these two prized Philodendrons. With their velvety, glossy looks, stay tuned for a “Darryl’s Discoveries” re-release of these oversized beauties this Spring. Sign up to get notified here.
7. Rhaphidophora Tetrasperma: Our favorite Mini Monstera or Monstera Ginny is definitely one to add to your collection. We love its compact foliage and the fact they seem to climb upward and onward. You may even like to try your hand at propagating this one. Try it, and boldly go where you’ve never gone before. Shop Rhaphidophora >
8. Sansevieria Jaboa: What’s a Top 10 List without a snake plant? This unusual beauty has wide, striking swordlike fins with an intricate spot-like pattern. A snake plant is highly recommended for first-time plant parents as they thrive on neglect. (If only other relationships could be so easy.) The Jaboa is new to our inventory, and has a limited supply, as they seem to fly off our shelves! Shop Sansevieria Jaboa >
9. Calathea Setosa: Prayer plants, need I say more? Love them! A fairly new Calathea in our collection, the Calathea Setosa displays silvery, compact green leaves. Pet friendly and air purifying, this up & comer is sure to please. Shop Calathea Setosa >
10. Ficus Elastica Burgundy: Rubber plants are always a hit, and this beauty’s deep dark burgundy foliage sets itself apart from its counterparts, the Tineke or Rosy. Easy to care for, it’s perfect for dark foliaged plant lovers. Shop Ficus Burgundy >
Our top 10 Must Haves will certainly help you get this year off to a colorful start. But, be on the lookout for some pretty cool rare plants coming to our collection this spring via Darryl’s Discoveries, (which returns in April with weekly new selects). Darryl never disappoints, so click here to make sure you’re on the notification list. Click here to join the list!