Pilea Peperomioides or the Chinese Money Plant has a unique appearance that shows off glossy, coin-shaped leaves. This easy care beauty is a fast grower, and “rebarkably” pet friendly plant.
Fuss Factor*: 2
Light: Does best in bright indirect light – the brighter the better! Rotate every so often to ensure even growth.
Watering Frequency: Allow the top 2-3 inches of soil tp dry out between waterings. Drooping leaves are an indication it’s time to water.
Soil: No special requirements. Does best in organic, well-draining soil.
Humidity: Will thrive with average household humidity.
Pests: Can be affected by mealy bugs and scale.
- Do not leave in direct sunlight for prolonged periods as leaves may burn.
- Yellow leaves indicates there is a watering issue.
- Pilea have pores on the leaf’s underside. Sometimes the plant releases excess minerals through these pores which will appear as white spots on the leaves. These are non-harmful , merely a result of hard water. Try using filtered or distilled water.
Zones: Houseplant approved, but can be placed outdoors in warmer zones 8-11
*Fuss Factor: We grade our plants on level of care from 1 to 5.
- Low Maintenance Marvels – great choice for new plant parents
- Easy to Care For, Easy to Love
- Relatively low maintenance, but will need some regular attention
- Apply TLC, you’ll love the results
- Recommended for Helicopter Plant Parents – Labor intensive, but so worth it