Ficus benjamina ‘Danielle’ (or Ficus Daniella) boasts glossy compact leaves that tend to sit more upright. Sometimes called the lollipop tree, you can see why this uniquely shaped ficus is a great alternative to your traditional Fiddle Leaf Fig or Weeping Fig varieties.
Fuss Factor*: 3
Light: For optimum growth, prefers a bright location with plenty of indirect light. Can acclimate to lower light levels, but this could hinder growth.
Watering Frequency: Prefers moist soil, not wet. Allow the top 2-3 inches of soil to dry before rewatering. Do not be alarmed if you notice hard water marks appearing as white residue on the leaves. This is simply the buildup of chemicals found in tap water. You may opt for filtered or distilled water.
Soil: No special requirements
Humidity: High humidity preferred, and enjoys misting several times or week, or having a humidifier nearby in winter’s drier months.
Pests: Can be affected by mealy bugs, spider mites, thrips and scale.
- Avoid prolonged direct sunlight as this can burn the leaves
- Overwatering causes yellow and browning leaves with leaf drop
- Sap can cause skin and eye irritation, and is toxic if ingested
Zones: Indoor Use or Outdoors in warmer zones 10-11
*Fuss Factor: We grade our plants on level of care from 1 to 5.
- Low Maintenance Marvels – great choice for new plant parents
- Easy to Care For, Easy to Love
- Relatively low maintenance, but will need some regular attention
- Apply TLC, you’ll love the results
- Recommended for Helicopter Plant Parents – Labor intensive, but so worth it