The tropical beauty Monstera Deliciosa is known for its split perforated leaves that cause some to lovingly call it the Swiss Cheese plant. Great indoors or out.
Fuss Factor*: 1
Light: Does best in bright indirect light, but can also grow in lower light
Watering Frequency: A thorough “drink” is our recommendation, making sure to allow the water to come out of the drainage holes. Excess water should be emptied immediately from the saucer. Check the soil with your fingertip to ensure the top 2-3 cinches have dried out before you rewater.
Soil: No special requirements
Humidity: Average household humidity will be fine. Remember, this is a tropical, so an occasional misting will be much appreciated.
Pests: Can be affected by spider mites and aphids. Wipe the leaves with warm water and dish soap or neem oil to combat pests.
- Avoid prolonged direct sunlight as this can burn the leaves
- Yellowing/browning leaves are symptoms of overwatering – it is always better to under water
- Curling and wilting are symptoms of underwatering
- Toxic if ingested
Zones: Indoor Use or Outdoors in warmer zones 10-12
*Fuss Factor: We grade our plants on level of care from 1 to 5.
- Low Maintenance Marvels – great choice for new plant parents
- Easy to Care For, Easy to Love
- Relatively low maintenance, but will need some regular attention
- Apply TLC, you’ll love the results
- Recommended for Helicopter Plant Parents – Labor intensive, but so worth it